Certain D-Link routers have been found to create an instability with internet services with ‘certain modems’ requiring a reboot daily to function normally
See: This Changelog for instance.
A firmware update has been released to resolve some of them. Please make sure to read the update release notes as special instructions may need to be followed to update successfully.
Routers requiring update:
- D-Link DIR-822
- D-Link DIR-882
- D-Link DIR-819
Routers requiring configuration change:
- D-Link DIR-819 (Cloning the WAN MAC address seems to resolve stability issues)
Regardless of your router’s model or if you are experiencing issues you should check for firmware updates for it on a regular basis. New vulnerabilities are discovered daily which can allow attackers to gain your personal information, utilize your network for malicious purposes, or inject malicious content into services you connect to.
Find D-Link updates here by searching your model:
- Router Emulators April 26, 2019
- Operating System Emulators April 20, 2019
- Trending Issues April 18, 2019
- Bell DSLAM Types April 6, 2019
- Resolved: Unable to connect to D-Link WiFi with Apple Device March 20, 2019