Traffic Meter Help
Internet Traffic Meter
Enable Traffic Meter
Check this if you wish to record the volume of Internet traffic passing through the Router's Internet port.
Traffic volume control by
Select this if you wish to record and restrict the volume of Internet traffic passing through the Router's Internet port.
- No Limit - If this is selected specified restriction will not be applied when traffic limit is reached.
- Download only - If this is selected the specified restriction will be applied to the incoming traffic only
- Both Directions - If this is selected the specified restriction will be applied to both incoming and outgoing traffic only.
Connection time control
Select this if you wish to record and restrict the time usage of the Internet connection. This option is only available for PPPoE, PPTP, and L2TP connections.
Enter the monthly volume limit or connection time limit.
Round up data volume for each connection by
Some ISPs charge certain amount of extra data volume when users make a new connection. If this case, enter the extra data volume here.
Restart traffic counter
This determines when the traffic counter restarts. Choose the desired time and day of the month.
Restart Counter Now
Click this button to restart the Traffic Counter immediately.
Pop up a warning message
Entering a non-zero value to make the router pop-up a warning message when the monthly data volume/connection time limit will be reached after the configured amount is run out. Only when the Traffic Status window is opened, the pop-up message can show up.
When the monthly limit is reached
Check the desired action(s):
- Turn the Internet LED green/amber flashing - the Internet LED will become green and amber alternatively.
- Disconnect and disable the Internet connection - all access to the Internet will be blocked.
Internet Traffic Statistics
This displays statistics on Internet traffic via the Internet port.
If you have not enabled the Traffic Meter, these statistics are not available.
Click this button if you want live update about the usage status of the Internet traffic.